Pokemon Survivors Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadows and Chaos - Another Random Story

Go down

Shadows and Chaos - Another Random Story Empty Shadows and Chaos - Another Random Story

Post by Badger Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:00 pm

So, I got bored. Mostly cause nobody is on today. D= But, but because of that I decided to write another story with Nirrti and Morpheus. Yay!

----------------------

"Awwww, you are so cute when you are sleeping!"

A voice awoke Nirrti from where she was sleeping, her red eyes narrowing as she hissed softly, unhappy of being awaken. Her large body shifted as she raised her head, her tail-tip flicking with annoyance. The large Giratina was perched on a floating piece of rock; with other pieces slowly drifting by in order of the laws of the Reverse World; which simply meant there was really no order or laws.

She soon found the whole who had awaken her as floating not far from her was Morpheus. His purple arms were crossed over his chest as his bright, glowing green eyes sparkled in the faint light. "Oh, I'm sorry, Nirrti," he said; his voice ringing in the Giratina's head as he gently tilted his head, no doubt would be smirking if he had a mouth to smirk with. "I didn't mean to wake you up!"

Nirrti growled as she forced herself to sit up, her black streamer-like wings floating gently from her back as glared at the Darkrai. "If you didn't mean to wake me up; you wouldn't be here," she hissed from beneath her golden mask-like armor shifting slightly as she spoke.

Morpheus shrugged softly, his eyes sparkling as he waved one of his clawed hands around aimlessly. "I just wanted to bother you, Nirrti, but when I saw you sleeping I just had to wake you up before my ability gave you nightmares."

There was a snort from Nirrti as she turned away from the Darkrai, rolling her eyes as she flickered the tip of her tail at him. "You should of let me sleep; I'm sure the nightmare would be nicer than talking to you."

Morpheus gasped as he floated around to face Nirrti, placing one of his hands on his chest. "You hurt me, Nirrti!" he said, shaking his head. "And I thought we had something special."

"I find you annoying; there is nothing special there," Nirrti huffed as stared at the Darkrai, but Morpheus responded to that by just shrugging.

"So maybe I am; isn't that why you love me?"

"Love you?" the Giratina huffed with a small chuckle, slithering along the ground as pieces of floating rock moved in front of her to always give her something to move along. "Only in your dreams, Morpheus or..." she came to a stop for a quick second, her eyes sparkling. "Well I do suppose I enjoy you when you aren't bothering me."

Morpheus floated after Nirrti, being careful to dodge the small bubbles that floated in the wide empty space that was the Reverse World. "Well, at least you love me at some point," he said with a soft chuckle.

Nirrti just rolled her eyes at that, wondering how long the Darkrai would be bothering her. Her gaze did shift to look at him as her tail flicked slightly as she moved along. "So, I saw that you made some friends in the mortal world," she said, smirking slightly. "I'm happy for you; maybe that means you will visit me less."

The Darkrai's eyes lit up at the mention of his friends, and happily clapped his clawed hands together. "Oh yes!" he said as he twirled slightly in the sky to dodge a piece of floating land. "Two lovely little Pokemon; they were adorable and just lovely to talk too." He paused slightly however at the last part of her sentence, and floated closer to Nirrti. "Awww, don't be like that! You would get bored without me!"

Nittri huffed, but softly nodded her head. “I suppose I would; after all who else can I hate as much as I hate you?”

“See, we do have something special!” Morpheus said smugly, crossing his arms as he spun around so he was floating backwards; always staying ahead of Nirrti.

Nirrti came to a stop as she stared at the shiny Darkrai, her eyes narrowing softly. “Now, tell me why exactly are you here, Morpheus?”

At that question, the Dakrai titled his head slightly, his eyes dimming slightly. “Oh? Do I need a reason to visit my favorite friend?”

There was a small smirk on Nirrti’s face as body started to glow purple. “I have no mood for you games, Morpheus so yes, it would have been wise to have one.” With a small flick of her head, one of the floating pieces of earth shot toward Morpheus, striking him. He was thrown out of Nirrti's path as the rock pushed him along as the Giratina simply went back on her way.

“Now that was just uncalled for!” Morpheus’ voice rang loudly in her head. Nirrti paused to look back at him. He had manged to escape the piece of land she had thrown at him, but shook his head as he recovered from the attack.

“No; I believed I told you to tell me when you are visiting or I would blast you into...Oh, how did I put it?” she tilted her head slightly. “I would blast you into a smug of a shadow? Ah, yes, that was it.”

Morpheus raised his hand, ready to object but he stopped as he recalled those words.He sighed softly, crossing his arms as he floated back after her. “So you might have a point, but where is the fun of bothering you when you know I am coming?”

Heading back on her stroll, she let her gaze flicked to the small bubbles that flashed with images of the real-world within them. “It would be easier for me to know, even if you dislike it. After all, I have a whole domain to take care of.”

“So do I!”

“No, Morpheus, you have half of one. Half of one that you barely do anything with other than just sit there and cause nightmares with your ability. A job you dislike. But me? I feel like this is my sworn duty so I care deeply for it.”

“Blah, you only feel like it is your ‘sworn duty’ cause you got forced with it. Besides, you should get out more! When is the last time you visited your siblings?”

At the mention of her siblings, Nirrti came to a stop. She knew who Morpheus was talking of, but to call them her siblings was a very loose term as they had just been created at the same time. She shook her head, hissing softly. “I have no care nor love for them, Morpheus. Now lets end it there.”

Morpheus froze, his head tilting slightly as his eyes sparkled with amusement. “Oh, right; I forgot you have a sibling-rivalry with them.”

“It isn’t a rivalry; I care not for being stronger than them!” Nirrti snapped at the Darkrai, her streamer-like wings flaring on her back as she glared hard at him. “I hold no love for them because they did nothing as I was banished here!”

There was a moment of silence from Morpheus as he stared at her. “Right...Maybe we should stay away from that…”

Nirrti simply huffed as she gazed at Morpheus. “Tell me, how have things been going with your ‘counterpart?’”

“The same; you know always arguing over if a certain Pokemon should get a nightmare or dream, stuff like that.”

“And yet you hold no distaste for her?”

“Hello; we are counterparts! Our whole thing is being opposites,” Morpheus said as he spread his arms out with a huff. “So we do argue, but that doesn’t change that we still have domain over the same realm. We do need to work together...Even if we don’t always agree with the other. Besides; I don’t hate her at all.”

“Even though she has what you’ve always wanted; the ability to not cause nightmares upon mortals. She’s always seen in good light while you are stuck in the shadow of that light?”

As Nirrti’s words rung in Morpheus’ head, he dropped slightly down, his eyes growing darker as he turned his head away from the Giratina. “Well...Perhaps I do dislike her for that. But what can I do? We were created this way and there is no way to change it. We are who we are.”

“Suppose you are correct...Perhaps it was always my fate to be here. Perhaps that is why Vreme did nothing; because he knew there was no changing that.” She sighed softly, before staring at Morpheus once more. “Now; moving on from that, I think it is time for you to go.”

The Darkrai’s eyes flickered as he turned his head back. “But I didn’t even get to bother you!”

Nirrti reared her head back, raising an eyebrow. “Didn’t get to bother me? You’ve taken up much of my time, my dear Morpheus, and that is a large bother to me. I must care for this whole domain and you being here is keeping me from that duty.”

“Things aren’t going to change if you don’t work for a few hours, Nirrti.”

“Unlike you, dear Morpheus; I do not care for making friends with mortals. I simply must work on my duty.”

Morpheus floated forward slightly until he right next to Nirrti’s face. “How about a deal; I’ll leave if you promise that you will help me scare some mortals at some point. I know you still haven’t let go of how much fun that is.”

Nirrti shifted slightly, using one of her wings to push the Darkrai back as she thought about his offer. He had a point; Nirrti did fine enjoyment of striking fear into mortals; one of the few traces of the personality that had gotten her banished here; the one told in the tails about her. She did find it strange that Morpheus held that same enjoyment also; as he mostly spoke about his care for mortals and the dislike of his power, but she supposed it was part of the layer beneath the surface; his true personality.

Either way, she had an option. And the choice was simple; pick the one that would get Morpheus out of here the fastest. “Fine,” she finally said, her eyes narrowing. “I will agree to those terms. It has been so long since I’ve been out of my realm…”

Morpheus responded by hugging the wing that Nirrti had used to push him back, clearly excited about her answer. “Perfect! When I find the perfect time, I shall make you keep that promise!”

As she pulled the wing out of Morpheus’ grasp, she turned away with a small huff. “Now keep your side of the deal; leave me so I can work in peace.”

“Alright, alright,” Morpheus said, raising his arms up in a defensive motion. “I’ll leave you alone for now, but I’ll be back!” he said with a soft hum as he started to sink into the ground, before melting in the shadows completely.

Nirrti stood still as she felt Morpheus’ presence disappear from the Reverse World. Sighing softly, she shook her head. Why had Morpheus always have to invade her domain; she always found it annoying. Besides; it was always a bother to get rid of him and she disliked having his voice ringing in her head. Morpheus was simply just annoying to her...Even if he could be entertaining at times. With a huff, she turned and went back on her way; wondering if she would ever escape being Morpheus best friend and the headaches that came with it.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

PostPoints : 19171

Back to top Go down