Pokemon Survivors Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom TMs/HMs

Go down

Custom TMs/HMs Empty Custom TMs/HMs

I believe custom made TMs and HMs would be a wonderful addition to the site.They would be made in the store and once approved,bought by the maker.The move is known only to them,thus,they must teach it(if they want).However,prices should vary on the power of the move.I can make a template if you wish.
Dao
Dao

PostPoints : 18571

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Custom TMs/HMs :: Comments

Stormi

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:44 pm by Stormi

By custom TMs and HMs, do you mean custom moves?
I actually always thought it'd be hard to keep up with custom moves, but I realize we can make this easier...
How about I tweak this a little: I can put a price at the store for "Custom moves" with a link to another topic explaining the templates and prices. Like you said, they'd be based on power and obviously would have to be approved after they're bought and made by the buyer so that we don't have moves with 200 power or something that always hit. When a move is approved, they can be put into the same topic in another post that lists all approved custom moves and who owns them, as well as their power, type, accuracy, etc.
HOWEVER, they will only be taught to the person who buys the move. No one else can learn the custom move that they made, and there should be a limit to how many custom moves each character can have to make things cleaner. Say, two or three at the max. All of this won't really require too much work, and I'll be happy to work it into the site if more favor this.

How does all that sound? If at least three other people agree with this, then I'll put it into action.

Back to top Go down

Dao

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:01 pm by Dao

Sounds fair to me.I remember,I made Kamehameha a Fighting Type move learnable by any type.It worked very much similar to hyper beam,excepted it ALSO needed to be charged to form it.It twas awesome

(, *)w(, *)

Back to top Go down

Dao

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 pm by Dao

Name:
Type:
Attack Type:
Base Power:
Description:

Status: Does it have a status problem that it has a chance to inflict? for moves that do damage this is most commonly 0-30% chance. But we are willing to work with you. But if you want the most powerful, there will be no/little damage.

User Type: What type of pokemon are able to use it? All bug types? All water types that are fish-like?

This was the template of a poke site I was on (it dead now),with slight modification,we can use this ^.^

Back to top Go down

Rose

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 pm by Rose

Dao, please don't double-post, there is an edit button in the top right of your post.

Also, I agree with this, but it would really have to be monitored, but yes, agreed o3o

Back to top Go down

Stormi

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 pm by Stormi

As Rose said, avoid double-posting o3o But anyways, what do you mean by "Rank"? Also, like I said, the move will only be able to be used by the person who made it, so the "User Type" field will have to be removed.
Unless this is what you mean by "Rank", I think we should add a "Level" field too, for what level you learn it at.

Back to top Go down

Dao

Post Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:08 am by Dao

Yes,rank would be their level at which they can actually learn it.Then the pokemon must make a thread attempting to learn it.You know,just to avoid instant-overpowered moves.

However,I think the person who made it is free to teach it to those on their own free-will(if they want to,hence user type).As you said above,we should limit how many customs a person can have.Thus,if they learn a custom move from the owner,or anyone else,it'll take up one of their slots.Also,a person can't teach a custom move to another unless the owner says its ok.

This will avoid-mass production.Of course,in common sense,the more damaging the move is,the less accuracy or status effects it has or if its a 100% status inflictment,it will do no damage(such as Thunder Wave).

I would also like to discuss making some moves not TMs or Hms,if you wish to hear more.

Back to top Go down

Stormi

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:58 pm by Stormi

Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. I'm willing to work with this, and will set things up shortly. Feel free to explain what you wish to discuss; I'll keep checking back on this topic.

Back to top Go down

Dao

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 am by Dao

Thank you,Anyway,about making some moves not TMs,this is based fairly around common sense.Moves like Scratch and Bite,for example,can be down by almost any pokemon normally,thus,really wouldn;t be a TM.Same goes to moves like Mud Slap and Sand Attack,any one can pick up mud or sand and throw it.

Then there are moves that need to be banned.One of these is the Move 'Roar'.It causes the opposing pokemon to become scared and flee,no mater who the opponent is.

So,what your saying is,a lvl 2 Houndour with Roar can scare off a lvl 100 Groundon?I think not.This,of course revolves around common sense.

Back to top Go down

Stormi

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm by Stormi

I assumed automatically that they wouldn't be TMs. Just things that came naturally to them over time, such as in older pokemon episodes when a pokemon tried to use a simple move they were use to like Bubble, but ended up using Bubblebeam(Slightly stronger) instead.

So when they reached a certain level, the original buyer would learn it. Other people would have to be taught it once they're at least at that level though, so they have an extra step to learn it if they're not the original buyer.

For the banned moves, obviously it wouldn't work on some pokemon, but remember we combine the actual moves with roleplay, so it can still be learned but would have different effects based on who they use it on. For example, if a Houndoom uses Roar on a little baby Poochyena, it's most likely going to turn and run because it scares them. On the other hand if that Poochyena learns Roar later on and uses it on a huge pokemon such as Groundon, he's either not going to react much or get a little enraged and roar back, even if he's not specifically using the move "Roar" x3 When we use moves, you think about what your character does when using it and how your opponent may react before using it. That's the act of roleplaying fights, no matter what the roleplay. The moves have no official system, so they're a lot more flexible as I am explaining now. If you're still confused, just think about how it goes down in the anime, if you ever watched it when you were younger or watch it now.

The Custom Moves topic is now existent and is located here.

Back to top Go down

Dao

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:18 pm by Dao

Thank you,thank you.Also,I have concern.In the rules,when it comes down to eggs,it states "It just sort of appears".ThoughI admit most of us(including me) are mostly teens (11-15),I still think we should change that,given its pretty dang obvious where the egg came from.Of course,we won;t rp the....ahem 'Nasty' stuff,before the egg and most certainly not rp laying the egg,but I think it should just be changed,given we are mature enough and its bluntly obvious.This is merely my opinion,so you don't have to take heed.

Back to top Go down

Stormi

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:50 pm by Stormi

The thing is though, we wouldn't have any real way to rp it anyways. It's been said countless times by every pokemon official-thing to exist that they sort of appear, and I always assumed the mother just kind of laid it one day or something. Again, there's really nothing to roleplay there x3

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down