Pokemon Survivors Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Meeting of Shadows - Random Story

2 posters

Go down

A Meeting of Shadows - Random Story Empty A Meeting of Shadows - Random Story

Post by Badger Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:22 pm

I got bored, so I thought I would write a story involving Morpheus (my Shiny Darkrai) and Nirrti (my Giratina) as I am unsure when I will be able to RP as them so I wanted to do something with them. Feel free to comment as I am sure I won't post more to this story.

--------------------

Nirrti was silent as she stood on her perch as she gazed down at the realm that was her domain. Her realm was chaos; as there was no better world to describe it. Pieces of land floated in the empty space; turning and twisting in ways that shouldn’t have been possible even going upside down, but who could say which way was really up in this realm. The Giratina let out a soft huff as she watched bubbles float past her, windows into the real world. For each event that was shown in the bubble’s surface was a snapshot of what was going on in the real world. It was her job to keep them in check; to make sure that balance was maintained between her world and the real world. The events that had led to her being banished here from that real world still seemed fresh in her mind, even though it happened eons ago; not long after the dawn of the world.

She shook the thoughts away as she turned and slither down the piece of land she was on, saying nothing as pieces of land floated to give her surface to keep moving. Her eyes darted to watch every bubble as she moved past, a bit of pride bubbling in her. She may have been banished to eons of being alone, but at least she was the lord of this realm. She made the rules here; and that was which there were no real rules; gravity was bent to allow walking on any solid surface  and let the pieces of land float as they willed; or as Nirrti willed if she wished it so. Here; she was the master, her behavior didn’t matter.

As she strolled, her eyes caught movement that she knew quickly was unnatural in her domain. She came to a stop, her wings flaring as she stared at where the movement had been seen, but now she saw nothing but shadows. But as she stared at the shadows, her eyes widen as she growled. It seemed she had an invader.

The large Giratina sent her will into the shadows beneath her, causing it to shimmer and stretch out unnaturally along the ground toward the batch of shadows. As her shadows reached the target area, she sent her dark energy into her shadows, causing it to send up a blast of dark purple energy from the ground.

A suddenly gasp filled the air, echoing a bit in the endless realm of the Reverse World. A dark purple figure floated from the ground; from the shadows. He had a mane of white floating hair which covered one of his green eyes, which left the other one to glare at the large ghost type. An almost pink-like collar surrounded his head, and he folded his arms across his chest, floating a bit toward the Giratina. “Hm, seems you found me Nirrti.”

A soft smile appeared on Nittrii’s face as she leaned a bit toward the Darkrai. “This is my domain,” she said with a soft hiss. “I am aware of that that does not belong, Morpheus.”

Morpheus frowned a bit, placing of his clawed hands on his chest. “What? Me, not belong? Do you know which doesn’t belong here, my dear? You.”

The Giratina leaned back a bit, frowning as she stared coldly at the Darkrai. “Do not be silly, Morpheus. I have a job to do; a job that could cause the destruction of the mortal realm if I did not do it.”

“It was fine before you came here, Nittri.”

“That is not the point!”

Morpheus frowned, floating forward as he glared at the large legendary. “I think you fail to see my point, my dear. You know why you were sent here; you were banished for your violent nature, but don’t you think it is time for that to be removed? It is clear you have gotten over that. You never asked for this job, but yet you have been forced to do it for eons!”

“Are we still speaking about me, or you, dear Morpheus?” The Darkrai came to a stop, his eyes narrowing a bit as Nittri went on. “Created to make nothing but nightmares; not even by your own will. You quickly became the bad guy to the mortals and soon nothing more than a legend and a tale to scare the young ones.”

“But we are all legends, Nittri,” Morpheus noted as he floated up until he was eye to eye to the Giratina. “Isn’t that why we are called Legendaries?”

Nittri glared at Morpheus, pausing for a bit. “Perhaps, but your legend is one filled with terror. A being of darkness that causes Nightmares to feed off of the pain and will even put his victims in endless night terrors. Don’t fool me, Morpheus, I know you. Deep down you despise the very thing that makes you, well, you.”

“Your legend is no better!”
Morpheus suddenly roared, his bellowing mane of white snapping in the air as his green eyes flared angry. "A legend of a horrible being that was so violent; so out of control, that its creator was forced to banish it to a realm that was the opposite of the mortal one to save the mortal one from destruction at the being’s wrath.”

“But at least mine is true,”
Nirrti added in a soft voice.

The Darkrai’s anger quickly melted as he sinking to the ground, the force of those simple words ringing in his head. His head bowed as he stared at the ground. “How…” he finally muttered, his head raising a bit to glare at Nirrti. “How do you do it? Live with knowing that you may never be looked at for the good deeds you do. You…You have something to make up with your good deeds, but I never asked for this.”

Nirrti sighed softly as she stared down at the dark type. “Maybe they won’t know that I keep their world in balance with mine; maybe I will always be seen as a being of terror…But, I know I will always be thanked even if they don’t really know it. They are thankful for the life they have, and while they aren’t even aware of my part in it…That is enough for me. Now, I know you don’t do anything as big as keep their world from crashing into another one, but surely you can use your curse for good? Find a way; nightmares always tend to have hidden meanings, don’t they? Take use of that, Morpheus.”

The Darkrai said nothing as he floated backwards a bit, his green eyes flicking. “Maybe…” was all he managed to whisper, as he turned a bit. “But...Why should I, Nirrti? I will get nothing out if it. They will always see me as what my legend describes me as.”

“One thing to do is to first stop being so negative about it; that will never help, Morpheus. Their view may never change; Pokemon can be so stubborn creatures-”

“Takes one to know one,”
Morpheus muttered, before glancing at Nirrti with a slightly bored look before waving his hand a bit, trying to tell her to continue on.

Nirrti shuttered a bit, trying to restrain herself from blasting Morpheus where he stood. “As I was saying...Their views may not change; they might not even know that you are working to help them, but it makes me feels...Content. Happy to not be filling their lives with violence and chaos like I once did.”

A soft laugh came from Morpheus as he floated upwards, a grin on his face. “Ah, but isn’t causing  mayhem a bit fun, Nirrti, or is that side of you still gone? If so, may she rest in peace; she was a joy to have around.”

“Ah, shut it,” Nirrti said, glaring at him. “I will admit perhaps I am much more...benignant then I once was, but I still have my fun. I can open portals to the mortal realm if you have forgotten and so I will enjoy myself by scaring the mortals every once in a while. This is my place; I accept that but I might as well have fun when I can.”

Morpheus darted forward, wrapping his arms around her as he let out a dark laugh. “Haha! I knew my girl was still in there; I knew you wouldn’t go soft on me! Ah, we must cause terror one day together! But…” He paused as he let the Giratina go and drifted backwards a bit. “I will keep your words in mind; perhaps I will find a piece of myself that still cares for the mortals and perhaps I will take care of them in my own way. I will come and visit again.”

“Give me a warning next time will you?”
Nirrti said with a soft grin. “Or I may blast you into a smug of a shadow when you come into my world without an invitation.”

A fake hurt look appeared on Morpheus’ face as he frowned. “I thought we had a deal, my dear, you are able to visit the dream world as you please, and I am able to visit your world as I please, or are we taking that back? I thought you enjoyed taking parts of my nightmares.”

"And I thought you hated causing nightmares.”

“Only sometimes, my dear. I will admit, seeing some mortals suffer under my curse does amuse to me no end when I know they are terrible creatures...Besides, it is like I am learning their darkest secrets! Some have very fearsome ones, like this one P-”

“Alright, out of here,” Nirrti said with a sigh as she lifted her head toward the sky. Her wings flared as a dark purple glow surrounded her. The sky above her suddenly ripped open, showing nothing but pure darkness on the other side. “To the dream realm you go, Morpheus; I must carry on with my duties.”

The Darkrai looked up at the large opening with a frown. “You crush what little I have of a heart, Nirrti, I thought you loved me.” He shrugged as he started to float up a bit. “Ah well; enjoy yourself. Cause some good chaos for me!”

Nirrti said nothing until Morpheus was gone, then she shut the opening and went back on her way. Sometimes that Darkrai could just be so annoying; but it was a bit nice to have somebody to talk to as she thought a bit more about it. Being banished into another world could cause you to be very lonely at times.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

PostPoints : 19111

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Shadows - Random Story Empty Re: A Meeting of Shadows - Random Story

Post by Stormi Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:19 am

I love this x3 It's very nicely thought-out and written. Plus, kinda adorable~
Kinda makes me want to have one of my characters visit the Dream Realm just to visit Morpheus, heh.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Female Posts : 266
PostPoints : 18947

Back to top Go down