Pokemon Survivors Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Guy's First Training [LVL]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The New Guy's First Training [LVL] - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Guy's First Training [LVL]

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Li did nothing as she just sat there, her eyes still focused on the rock. Her eye twitched, a bit annoyed that she hadn't done anything yet. She got to her feet, strolled over to the rock and unsheathed her claws, and let her angry out by slashing it. Her claws didn't do a whole lot to the rock, but she didn't care. She would go back to focusing on using her Psychic powers when she felt happy enough.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

PostPoints : 19151

Back to top Go down

The New Guy's First Training [LVL] - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Guy's First Training [LVL]

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Blaze focused once more, shutting his eyes and flinging them open again as he felt the adrenaline return to his body. He pushed his head forward and his mouth heated up fast; for a minute there may have been a little light down there. However it fizzled out again, causing the torchic to cough slightly on defect-smoke. However, he didn't lose his focus, actually happy that their was a bit more smoke this time; that meant he was focusing more and therefor doing better, right? He would get there soon enough. This time, wanting to try out his Focus Energy's ability once more, he locked his eyes on the rock--which was easy since it didn't move. He rushed at it, clawing yet another thin, shallow mark in it. But hey, it was a mark nonetheless. Blaze nodded in approval and got ready to try his Ember again.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Female Posts : 266
PostPoints : 18987

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Li paused, catching her breath as she stared at the shallow marks that were caved in the rock from her claws. She took a few steps back before sitting down, going back to focusing on the rock. She could do this...She could use her powers. She did pause however to look over at Blaze. She thought she saw a faint trail of smoke in between the whirling sand, and she smiled softly. It seemed that the Torchic was trying to use a fire-move. She turned back to her rock, and slowly blocked everything out as she went back to focusing. She was going to do it...At some point.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Blaze tried again, failing once more. He tried again, and failed. Again. Again. Again. Still nothing but smoke. The torchic panted, taking a moment to rest. Watching the rock, he tried to focus, calming himself. He stood up once more and tried Ember again, and yet again he fizzled out. He huffed, but refused to give up. He would surely get it eventually. Surely. It just took time.
He could still feel the Focus Energy in effect, and nodded to himself before attempting Ember once more. As it failed, he didn't stop before trying again, this time letting out a larger amount of smoke...Still not a lot(he can't use Smoke Screen; it's thin, light-colored smoke anyways x3) but it was progress. Sooner or later he'd stop puffing smoke and shoot out some embers. Time, progress, time, progress, practice, progress, train, progress!
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Li remained silent, her eyes still fixed on the rock. Her tail flickered a bit, and she mindlessly raised a paw to ruffle the sand from her chest fur. She just had to remain focus on her goal, she had to train her mind...She had to take control of what was inside of her. She knew that she wouldn't have complete mastery of her powers until at least she had evolved, but even a bit of control would be wonderful for her. Just had to sharpen her mind, no matter how long it took, but she really hoped it wouldn't take that much longer; the sand was annoying her.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Blaze leaped and clawed at the rock again, huffing as he leaped back, then ran at it again. Speed, go go go! Strength, goooo! Skill...Didn't really know what to think about that. He'd think of something later. The adrenaline was pumping hard, and he landed several clean marks on the rock. Now for the moment of truth...He backed up as he landed on the sand again from another Scratch attack, and put a foot behind him, focusing the heat in his mouth. Fireeee....Come on, light it up!
It fizzled again. dfg;fljdh*rage*
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Li still sat there, but her ears twitched. She glanced back to see Blaze running back and forth around the rock, causing her to frown. Of course, she couldn't be all that surprise he was making so much noise; he was a Torchic, she was sure she had heard somewhere that they evolved into a Fighting type. She turned her head back to the rock with a small shake of her head, and as she watched the rock she became aware of the sand around her once again. Her thoughts darken for a bit, wishing the sand would stop and went back to focusing on the rock, but part of her swore that the sand had lightened up around her, but she paid it no heed.

Occ: Her psychic powers are coming out; yay!
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Ooc: Partyyy! x3

Ic: Blaze huffed, slowing down. He felt the heat rise in his mouth, and his glare burned into the rock(not literally). The torchic opened his mouth once more, focusing as much as he could. Light emitted from his mouth, a small fire rising in his throat. Just before it could reach his mouth, his fizzled out into smoke, and he coughed some more. Excited that he almost had it, he charged his Focus Energy once more, now getting used to using it.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Li took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she pictured the rock in her mind. She could do this...She just had to focus and let her powers do the work. Her eyes suddenly flashed open, her eyes glowing a bright pink as her body also glowed a faint pink. She focused intently on the rock and watched as it took on the same glow as her, and she smiled faintly as she slowly picked it up and moved it backwards about a step before her power gave out, and the rock landed with a soft 'thud.' However, that was enough for Li, she had done it. She had used a new move...A move that she just knew was Confusion. Now let see if she could do it again...
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Ooc: Congrats~ ^-^

Ic: Blaze kicked his feet against the ground, glaring at the rock. He could do this--
What was that? He heard a thump. Turning to see what it was, he blinked when he saw how happy Li was suddenly. She must have learned something new! Good for her. Not wanting to bug her in the middle of training, he went back to focusing on his own attacks. That's right...Try again, almost got it...Once more, it came so close and then fizzled out at the last moment. Almost there! He thought excitedly, but quickly focused again and got ready.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Li got to her feet, dusting herself off as she stared at the rock. She took a deep breath, but didn't close her eyes this time. She gently raised one of her paws, and focused on the rock. She could do this. Her eyes started to glow once again as the pink glow overtook her body. The rock glowed again as she gently let it rise into the air, being careful to pace herself. She started to slowly move it back, but every few inches caused a strain on the small Espurr. However, once she felt like it was good enough (and that she was sure she might even pass out if she didn't drop it soon) she let the rock fall. She barely heard the thunk as it stuck the ground, burying itself a bit in the sand, but she was sure that Blaze would hear that thunk. Hopefully it wouldn't startle him that much, as she had dropped it from a greater height than before.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Just as Blaze was focusing, almost reeling in his Ember, he heard a thunk from behind, and felt himself jolt forward, firey balls of ember bursting out of his glowing beak. He blinked in surprise, standing in the sand and staring at the rock, which was now red from the heat but quickly cooled off in that spot where he hit it. He...He did it! Yipping once in happiness, he spun around and looked at Li happily, forgetting about the thunk. "Hey Li! Did you see that?! I used Ember!" He chirped excitedly.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Li smiled softly, having turned around in time to see the last flickers of fire escape from Blaze's beak. "Congrats, Blaze; clearly this training was good for the both of us," she said as she strolled over to him. Her dull eyes held a faint glow, clearly happy for the both of them. But as she reached Blaze, she let out a soft sigh. "However...May we call this training to a close for the day? I am tired; my brain feels like it is fried and I am not used to tapping into my powers. We have both learned important moves, so I believe we can call this a win, can we not?"
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Blaze nodded, suddenly feeling exhausted as his Focus Energy wore off. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Okay then." He agreed, stretching a little and letting out a small yawn. He wondered if they could do it again sometime; it's not like they trained together, but having someone else there made it feel less...Lonely he supposed.
"Hey, do you want to train some more some other time? It's fun having another around!"
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Li was taken a back a bit by the question, but she mulled it over in her head before nodding. "I...I suppose I would enjoy that, Blaze, I am a bit tired of being alone...Although..." she paused as she glanced around the desert. "You don't live here do you? I'm not sure how much longer I could stand the sand," she said with a soft chuckle. Of course, she supposed that even if Blaze did live in this sandy place, she could survive.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Blaze shook his head. "Nope. I live with Uncle Flare at the top of Mt. Silt." He answered, nodding his head in respect to his "uncle". Though he quickly realized she probably didn't know who that was. "He's my sort of guardian while I train here at the mainland. Once I get stronger, I'm going back to my dad at Mt. Rush." He explained, looking back at the rough, grey mountain a ways behind them, in the middle of a large patch of land where the desert thinned out. "Maybe we could train there sometime instead if the sand bothers you. It gets on my nerves a little as well." Though it sounded normal to him, other pokemon may be shocked to hear that they lived at the top of Mt. Silt, since very few pokemon live up there. Not to mention there was a rumor that a monster lived up there...But in all honesty all the adult pokemon seemed to know who it was really; they just used that rumor to scare the children occasionally to keep them from going too high up the mountain where it was dangerous.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Li's ears twitched a bit as she stared at Blaze. Did she hear that right? Mt. Silt? She had heard stories of the top of the different mountains of Keroya being home to terrible monsters and to stay away from them. She hadn't really thought much about it, but she figured that it couldn't be completely true if somebody as young as Blaze (who Li did however figure was a bit older than her) living up there. Besides, she was interested to meet this 'Uncle Flare' at some point Her eyes turned toward the Mount Silt and she let out a soft sigh. "Training there sounds fine; and a bit interesting."
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormi Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Blaze would smile except it'd seem weird since he had a beak and all. How did that even work? Anyways, the happy look in his eyes should deliver the message without him needing to smile. "Cool! See you around then." He chirped, then turned on his feet and hopped away in the sand, obviously having gotten a bit used to it since he lived in such a sandy place. Mt. Silt wasn't that sandy, but there was silt everywhere. Close enough.
Stormi
Stormi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Li watched Blaze hop away, a soft frown appearing on her face. Well, where to now? She turned and gaze off into a random direction before shrugging and wandering that way. She would find her way to Mt. Silt later; she wanted to take Blaze up on that offer to train again. However, she did want to explore a bit more.
Badger
Badger
Top-Poster(Non-Staff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2